Spiritual direction is a process of accompanying people on their spiritual journey, listening for what gives them meaning, and helping them grow closer to God/the Divine/the sacred. Crieff Hills Retreat Centre wants to make this available to their guests by providing access to spiritual companions on site.
All the spiritual directors listed below have been trained through Ontario Jubilee, a two-year teaching and practice program at Crieff Hills. Sessions are typically one hour long, and a private meeting space at Crieff Hills can be arranged if necessary. The fee is $60 per session, and is payable directly to your spiritual director. Please contact any of the following spiritual directors to arrange a suitable date and time to meet.
Janet Bauman – contact: [email protected] or call 519-502-0788
- Nurtured in the Mennonite tradition, where she continues to make her faith home
- Studied theology, biblical and religious studies and education
- Taught for 23 years at Rockway Mennonite Collegiate in Kitchener, including church history, religious studies and English, and coordinated the chapel program
- Participated in Tending the Soul:Training in Spiritual Formation – six retreats sponsored by Mennonite Church Eastern Canada
- Creative writing, journaling and art as spiritual practices
- Celtic Christianity and its emphasis on the natural world as divine revelation
- Re-imagining the Church’s relationship with the Bible
- Walking the labyrinth as a spiritual practice
Janet meets with her spiritual director to listen for the call of the divine in all of life, and to notice what gets in the way of embodying that call.
Ralph Brubacher – contact [email protected] or call 519-664-2414
- Nurtured in Mennonite faith, other traditions and life experiences
- Offered pastoral care for many years in various church settings
- Inspired by teaching elementary/secondary students in special ed./regular
- Sense of sacred has been informed as a husband, father and grandfather
- Mid-life journey as an opportunity for transformation
- Aging – letting go and awakening to new possibilities
- Facing illness and end of life
- The relationship between running and spirituality
- Centering prayer and meditation
Ralph meets with his spiritual director to connect more deeply with Divine Belovedness, enabling him to live freely in his daily life, informed by inner knowing.
- Grew up in the Mennonite tradition
- Studied eastern and indigenous religions
- Lived 3 years as a volunteer in Nairobi, Kenya with Mennonite Central Committee
- Completed a D.Min degree in Spiritual Direction at Regis College, Toronto
- Dream work as messages from God/the Divine
- Enneagram as a tool for self-awareness and transformation
- Mindfulness and meditation
Miriam meets with her spiritual director to discover the sacred, which is hidden deep within, and to pay attention to how the Divine invites her to live.
Paul Miki – contact: [email protected] or call 905-625-1330
- Formation in the Catholic tradition with many years of experience in interfaith/ religious encounter and dialogue
- Served for many years as a spiritual formation educator and school chaplain
- Served several years as a family life minister and retreat facilitator
- Completed a D.Min in Leadership in Ministry at Tyndale Seminary, Toronto
- Interconnectedness and interdependence of all persons in our unity and diversity
- Response to the call to be at one with our common home, Mother Earth
- Spirituality and social justice
Paul meets with his spiritual director to explore the work of Love Loving/the Divine in his very depths and in the everyday events that are a call to participate in the co-creation of a community of love, life, grace and transformation.
- Raised in the Lutheran tradition
- Study of interspiritual, earth-based, and mystical traditions
- Exploration of the interface between Science/Nature and the Divine
- Archetypes/symbols as the language of the Sacred
- Connecting with the Divine through the Arts (journalling, poetry, visual arts, music)
- Loving notice of Nature as a container of Divine Presence
- Exploration of the presence of the Divine Feminine
Catharine meets with her spiritual director to pay attention to how the Divine moves within her and to explore how her life can reflect this Presence.