Who we are
Crieff Hills Retreat Centre is located in southwestern Ontario.
Our address is:
7098 Concession 1
Canada N0B 2J0
Our website address is: https://crieffhills.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In the course of using crieffhills.com to obtain information about reservations, facilities, opportunities for employment or service projects, we will collect on the website:
- Your First and Last Name;
- Your Email Address;
- Your personal preferences with regard to your accommodations;
- Your personal preferences with regard to volunteer opportunities
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
Your information is used solely by and for Crieff Hills Retreat Centre. It is not sold or shared with any third-parties ever. We deeply respect your privacy and your data is used solely by us to serve you better.
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your Personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Your right of accessIf you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your Personal information and, subject to any applicable exemptions, provide you with a copy of that Personal information within the timescales provided for by law. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Your right to rectificationIf the Personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If you are entitled to rectification and if we’ve shared your Personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible and where this would not involve disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your Personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to erasureYou can ask us to delete or remove your Personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable because that was the legal basis on which we were processing your Personal information). If you are entitled to erasure and if we’ve shared your Personal information with others, we’ll take reasonable steps to inform those others where possible and where this would not involve disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your Personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to restrict processingYou can ask us to “block” or suppress the processing of your Personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that Personal information or you object to us. If you are entitled to restriction and if we’ve shared your Personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your Personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to personal information portabilityYou have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain Personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Your right to objectYou can ask us to stop processing your Personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your Personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- processing your Personal information for direct marketing.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Your right to withdraw consentIf we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your Personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorityIf you have a concern about any aspect of Crieff Hills’ privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your Personal information, you can report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
Where we send your data
You data remains on the website server and may be accessed by authorized employees of Crieff Hills Retreat Centre solely for the business purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Crieff Hills Retreat Centre (Attn: Director)
7098 Concession 1
Canada N0B 2J0
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority for personal information protection issues. In Canada, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (“OPC”), see: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/. EU data subjects can contact their relevant data protection supervisory authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
How we protect your data
This website is hosted on a secure server and is protected by a Secure Sockets Layer or SSL Certificate. This certificate meets or exceeds the current requirements for encrypting end user data.
We are committed to keeping the personal information provided to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures that are intended to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All of our members, employees, workers and personal information processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all visitors to the Site and all users of our Services.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.